Phero - The greek word which means "to bear". It is used in scripture in bearing light.
Specifically of the Morning Star, as the Light Bringer.


I am Emily Murphy, a wife and stay at home Mom of two precious boys. Jackson is three and Jonah has turned one. I am a self-taught photographer & poet. It simply amazes me that we can capture a moment in time through rays of light. I discovered my love for poetry in college by taking a writing class as an elective. I invite you to follow, comment, or simply glimpse through these areas of interest with me as I seek to grow and improve my muse over time.


Muse - A guiding spirit. A source of inspiration. A poet.















Tuesday, February 9, 2010

O' Come

Scripture tells us repeatedly to come to Jesus as a child. We (including me), are pros at doing just the opposite. We've grown up, right? We should only approach God when we have it all together, when we feel we have the right words to say, or in the right setting when our minds are fully attentive on Him... where are these moments, I'd like to know!
Yet, Jesus tells us to approach him as a child. Having children has turned this concept on it's head for me.  Jesus, are you really saying I can come in all my messiness, with my short attention span, fumbling for words to say, and to come whenever I want, saying whatever is on my mind and that I can say it over and over if I desire? You get the idea... like children!
In light of these lessons I share my second poem. 

O' Come

O’ Come unfaithful to the faithful One
Come messy, weary, heavy, undone
Come just as a little child
Come O’ heart that is not mild

In My arms I’ll hold you well,
 O’ weary one I’ll hold you well

Come My own just as you are
Come raw, guilty, in painful scar
Come just as a little lamb
Come wobbly to your great “I Am”

In my arms I’ll hold you well
O’ weary one I’ll hold you well

Come like Thomas in doubtful pride
Come and touch My very side
Come just as an infant cries
Over and Over and Over once more

In My arms I’ll hold you well
O’ weary one I’ll hold you well

Come little girl or little boy
Come skipping in youthful joy
Come just as tiny ones dream
Come twirl and dance with your King

In My arms I’ll hold you well
O’ Precious one I’ll hold you well

(c) Emily Murphy - 11/19/20008
Inspired by watching my children & A Praying Life
By: Paul Miller


No comments:

Post a Comment