Phero - The greek word which means "to bear". It is used in scripture in bearing light.
Specifically of the Morning Star, as the Light Bringer.


I am Emily Murphy, a wife and stay at home Mom of two precious boys. Jackson is three and Jonah has turned one. I am a self-taught photographer & poet. It simply amazes me that we can capture a moment in time through rays of light. I discovered my love for poetry in college by taking a writing class as an elective. I invite you to follow, comment, or simply glimpse through these areas of interest with me as I seek to grow and improve my muse over time.


Muse - A guiding spirit. A source of inspiration. A poet.















Saturday, February 13, 2010

Covenant

















A little over four years ago Jack rested on one knee and I said, "YES!"
Come back tomorrow, February 14th, to read a Valentine poem...





If Love Is…

If love is a choice and not a feeling
And if love is a mindset and not an emotion
And if love is a calling and not a duty
And if love is inwrought and not made by hands

Then it’s you who I would choose to love
And it’s you I would set my mind to love
And it’s you I would accept the call to love
And it’s you my soul longs to love

For it’s God who chose us in Him to love
And it’s God who set His mind to love
And it’s divine of God to call us to love
And it’s through Him our souls sing to love

So, if love includes all the things above
And if it’s you a lifelong I'm called to love
And if it’s God who decided you, my Love
Then this I cannot help but say,

“It’s His sovereignty shown in such a beautiful way!”
                                                                © Emily Murphy

 Written for my husband, February 14th 2009

5 comments:

  1. When you gave me this poem last Valentine's, I didn't think any future gift could top it...but you found a way. Your love has gotten sweeter with each year...thanks for actively seeking to create personality in our relationship by your willingness to love me selflessly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found you through Holy Expeience...I will be back!

    Blessings!

    Find me here: http://dailyonmywaytoheaven.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pic, great poem and great husband comment! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this post! You have a beautiful gift, Emma!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every married couple should know the love you speak of.

    I love you and love you a bit more for loving my son.

    Cathy/Tata

    ReplyDelete