Phero - The greek word which means "to bear". It is used in scripture in bearing light.
Specifically of the Morning Star, as the Light Bringer.


I am Emily Murphy, a wife and stay at home Mom of two precious boys. Jackson is three and Jonah has turned one. I am a self-taught photographer & poet. It simply amazes me that we can capture a moment in time through rays of light. I discovered my love for poetry in college by taking a writing class as an elective. I invite you to follow, comment, or simply glimpse through these areas of interest with me as I seek to grow and improve my muse over time.


Muse - A guiding spirit. A source of inspiration. A poet.















Tuesday, March 2, 2010

I Share A Wall



Have I told you I share a wall?
To my right and to my left
And with a neighbor to my back
I share three walls, to be exact

Have I told you these walls are thin,
And carry noises deep within?
It's these walls which are quite thin
That speak of transgressions well hidden

I grumble at a bang or bonk
I roll my eyes at a noisy song
I toss and turn the whole night long
I share a wall, three, very tall

Have I told you I hear sin?
Noises I wish had never been
Cries that should not be so
But I share a wall, three, very slim

Have I told you of my hate within?
The things I wish had never been
The words that cut the ones I love
But I share a wall, I share in sin

My neighbor may grumble at a bonk
Roll his eyes at a noisy song
Perhaps he's tossed all night long
We share a wall, three, that's all

It's these walls that teach me much
My judgment of rolling eyes and such
My failure to love the ones most dear
I share a wall, I share 'the fall'

Have I told you where I lean?
It's not on these walls in between
It's not on trying to fix up me
I share a need, much more than three

Have I told you I share a wall?
Have I told you how that's not all?

 © Emily Murphy - Reflections from White Rock


March 2, 2010

1 comment:

  1. Your words have the power to break a comfortable heart and comfort the heartbroken.
    we can come out from the shadows of our walls through the light of Christ's face gazing on us..He has bore our brokenness

    ReplyDelete