Phero - The greek word which means "to bear". It is used in scripture in bearing light.
Specifically of the Morning Star, as the Light Bringer.


I am Emily Murphy, a wife and stay at home Mom of two precious boys. Jackson is three and Jonah has turned one. I am a self-taught photographer & poet. It simply amazes me that we can capture a moment in time through rays of light. I discovered my love for poetry in college by taking a writing class as an elective. I invite you to follow, comment, or simply glimpse through these areas of interest with me as I seek to grow and improve my muse over time.


Muse - A guiding spirit. A source of inspiration. A poet.















Thursday, March 11, 2010

3 Boys & The Grandaddy Behind The Making





























These days of little faces, stubby noses,
flushed pink cheeks, the pitter patter of two clumsy feet,
and tiny crumbs left just for me -
to wipe away at the end of the day
Will all be gone with a blink of an eye

And I'll wonder...
Where it went or how that time was spent

What I oft want to pass quickly
I know...Oh, how I know...
Just as sure as the moon sits above me now
Will be missed as deeply as the sea runs thick

And I'll want that time back
And that is just that...
For what I already want back,
Is right before me this very moment

So may we all take hold
Of what we hold dear

And to whatever it may be that we hold so dear 

May we hold it often and hold it well


(c) Emily Murphy - March 20, 2010


1 comment:

  1. Oh, love this, Em. Had similar thoughts tonight and was reminded of how precious this time is as Molly asked me to "hold her like a baby" before bed and Will came running out of his room after having a "bad dream" and wanted my comfort. How sweet these moments are right before our eyes!

    ReplyDelete